Saturday, July 20, 2013

From the great Ken Levine My favorite schocky movie


My favorite schocky movie


Ed here: I love this movie, too. I've seen it numerous times and it's always great for an affectionate laugh. Roger Corman was born to make this one.


Ken Levine:
A number of you have asked what is my favorite schlocky movie? That would have to be the Roger Corman 1975 masterpiece, DEATH RACE 2000. It's your typical low budget exploitation science fictionapocalyptic violent cross country auto race romp. The tagline:

IN THE YEAR 2000 HIT AND RUN DRIVING IS NO LONGER A FELONY. IT'S A NATIONAL SPORT!

I have to love a movie where the Real Don Steele's name is on the one-sheet but Sylvester Stallone's is not. (The above poster hangs in my office.)

The delightful confection of a story is that there is a cross country race in modified Batmobiles and the drivers get additional points for running down pedestrians. (Hey, don't laugh. It's still a better premise than GROWN UPS 2.)

Here is a sample.

Warning: Not for the squeamish -- and by that I mean anyone who can't bear to watch really bad cheesy special effects.

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-favorite-schocky-movie.html

No comments: