Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The First Quarry by Max Allan Collins




As soon as I finished The First Quarry I e-mailed Al Collins to tell him that I thought it was not only the best of the Quarry novels but one of his best novels period.

The Anthony committee agrees with me. The First Quarry has been nominated for Best Paperback Original of The Year.

In case you're unlucky enough not to have read it, buy it right away. The craft is stunning. Al twists and twists and twists the story from first page to last. As I've mentioned before this is one of the most suspenseful--and unpredictable--novels I've read in the past few years.

Congratulations, Al.

1 comment:

Brian Drake said...

Ed, Could not agree more. And I hear Max (I don't know him so I can't call him Al) has another Quarry coming out later this year!